Translate

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wow I'm Not Good At Blogging

So I realized how bad I actually am at blogging, and I'd like to apologize. I think I'm going to download the Blogger app on my phone, and hopefully that means I'll be more active. I have a lot to tell you guys though, so hopefully that makes up for it!

C3 is still going really well, I'm actually typing this as I'm in that class. I got my work done early, and realized it had been forever since I had posted. Concert band season is underway, and that's pretty fun. Solo and Ensemble Festival is April 16, and I've been working really hard to prepare a solo for that. It's in 12/8 time, and its got a few parts that make it tricky but it sounds really nice; I can't wait to perform it.

Do you remember me saying I wanted to get involved with theater, but I wasn't sure if I was or not? Well, I decided to go for it! I auditioned for the spring play, and I have three roles actually. None of them are major roles though, and I realized I'm okay with that. It's easier to balance everything I have going on now, and it gives the director a chance to know me as a person and actress before giving me a major role, something I realized makes a lot of sense. He wouldn't want to cast someone he barely knows as the lead and then have them fall on their face, and I don't think I have the guts for a lead part anyways. I'm perfectly content with just dipping my toes in. Rehearsals started March 21, and the performances will be May 12-14. Combining the cast we have and the script (jokes, wordplay, etc.,) I think it's going to be a really great production. It's a comedic play, so it's funny anyways, but then some of the people we have cast are PERFECT for their roles, so it's going to be fantastic.

I think I'm going to apply to get involved with this volunteer organization where I live, but I'm not sure yet. All of the meetings for the organization are on Sunday, which works out really well with band and other extracurricular activities. I think I'm going to talk about one of the students already involved with it to find out more, and I can do that at rehearsal, because a bunch of the other students involved are in theater too. I want to make sure I'm not overextending myself though, because I've had problems doing that in the past, and it hasn't worked out well. I think I'll be able to manage though, so we'll just have to see how it goes! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

Again, I'm so sorry for being so bad at blogging I swear I'll try and get better. Thanks for reading, and as always, leave any questions in the comments below!

-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment