Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Down Time

Hello friends. I'm in C3 right now, but I finished the assignment we've been working on, so I've got some free time. This is going to be a lot of stuff I've already said, but hey, my blog, my rules.

Last night I went to my school's chorus concert, and it was really fun. I saw lots of people from theatre, and some people from band that aren't in theatre. Everybody did a really good job, I really liked listening to the songs. I really liked hearing the solos- people who got to the all state festival, or people who got a Division 1 at solo and ensemble. Those were probably my favorite performances, but I really enjoyed the whole thing.

Rehearsal is really buckling down. Opening night is in about 2 weeks, so I'm going to be at rehearsal at least 5 days a week for at least 3 hours until performances. It's worth it though, I love the people I've met and the memories I've made. That'll definitely be something I'm going to do a post about, you can bet on that.

May 2nd I have my band concert, and I'm looking forward to that. The new piece we got on Friday is really difficult, but I've already made a lot of progress. I can play most of it, now I need to master the rest and then get the entire thing up to tempo. It's going to be a challenge, but it'll be so worth it. I'm also working on The Flight of the Bumblebee, and that's coming along nicely too. I'm nowhere near being able to play it at 144 bpm, but I'm really happy with how far I've come on it. On May 2nd, I'm going to be at rehearsal until around 5:30, and then I have a band concert that I'll need to be at school at around 6 or 6:30 for, depending on when it starts, so I'm really crossing my fingers I don't get much homework.

May 3rd is my interview for the volunteer organization, at 6:45. I had to reschedule to make it work with rehearsal, but it's no big deal. I just had to push it back an hour and 45 minutes. I'm kind of nervous, but I'm going to do some thinking about what I'm going to say for a couple of possible questions, and then go from there.

Like I said, this was a lot of stuff I've already said, but I figured why not. As always, if you have any questions (or general interview tips!) leave them in the comments. Thanks for reading!

-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment