Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2016

I Kept My Promise

Hey guys, I finally found time to do the post I told you about? I know it's been a while since I said I would do it, but I've been really busy with life in general. But alas, I'm here now.

First on today's agenda is Solo Festival. I got a Division 2, which is the second best. You could get from a 1 to a 5, and there was a range of points for each rating. I was two points away from a one, which would have been AMAZING, but I got some good comments for improvement. I'm looking forward to next year, but I'm actually kind of glad that it's over, because now I have more time for other things. I spent a lot of time practicing, and even though I loved it, I'm glad I have some extra time for homework or whatever I choose to do with it.

The Dallas Brass concert was definitely something I'm glad I signed up for. During the day, they did a clinic with us, where we worked on the piece we were performing. Then, later that night was the actual concert. Two middle school bands performed, as well as the Dallas Brass by themselves. It wasn't a stereotypical concert either;they used lights, had choreography, and played a range of songs from jazz to classical to pop. If they're ever near you, I definitely recommend going.

A Midsummer Night's Dream was also something I really enjoyed. I will admit to almost falling asleep a couple times, but that was because I didn't get enough sleep the night before, it was by no means a boring show. I really liked seeing the interpretation of the play, and the actors dd a really good job conveying the meaning of the play. It was in Shakespearean English, it wasn't a modern version, so it was sometimes hard to comprehend what they were saying, but the body language and blocking of the actors really helped with that. It was a really fun day, I'm glad I went.

I got an interview for the volunteer organization I applied for! It's on May 3rd, but I realized I'm going to need to reschedule to work around rehearsal. That'll be fine though, I'll be able to make it work, because all I need to do is sign up for a time an hour and a half later on the same day. There'll be 8-10 people interviewing me, so I'm kind of nervous about that, but I'm excited. I really hope I get it, and I'll be sure to keep you updated!

Speaking of rehearsal, May 2nd is going to be fun. I have rehearsal until 6, and then a band concert at around 7. I'll have to be there at 6:30, so I probably won't be home from 7:15 am (when I leave for school) until probably around 9 pm. 14 hours of school, and I won't have much, if any, time to do homework. My teachers are pretty cool though; if I get homework, which I probably will because of pre-IB classes, I'll just have to explain why I won't be able to get it done and they'll be understanding about it.

That's all I have for now, I'll do another post when I can!

-Eliza


No comments:

Post a Comment