Translate

Monday, April 11, 2016

Small Update

I don't have a ton of news for you all today, but a little bit is better than none, right? Anyways, theatre has been going really well. It's kind of hard because it's a new thing, with new people, so I'm still getting used to that aspect, but it's really fun, I love it.

Solo Festival is this Saturday, which I'm really nervous for, but I think I'll be fine. It seems a lot different than anything I did in middle school, even though we had a solo festival of our own. I'll be sure to do a post on that, but I don't know when for sure. The day after that, Sunday, I'll be selling chocolate bars outside of Walmart with a couple of my friends to raise money for the band trip. The band directors put out a sign up sheet and I figured it would be a nice way to earn some money for it- all money raised will be divided up equally between the three people there. It's supposed to be really nice, so that'll be fun.

Tomorrow, the Dallas Brass, a world-renowned brass quintent, is coming to do a clinic with my high school, and at least one middle school. That's 400 kids! It's going to be so crazy, but I'm really excited. Tomorrow night there'll be a concert with them, but just the high schoolers will be performing, I think. I'll put that in a post, too, but I doubt it'll be Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday, but don't hold your breath.

On Thursday, my C3 class is going to go to the local performing arts center to watch (college kids??? I don't actually know) perform A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare, which I'm actually really excited about. I borrowed a copy of the script from my teacher, but it has an easier translation with it too, so I should probably finish that before we go. Just to clarify, my next post will include stuff about solo festival, the Dallas Brass thing, and the MND performance, as well as anything else that comes up. Thanks for reading, and as always, comments and questions go down below!

-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment