Translate

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Freshman Orientation

Good evening all, and welcome to another post by me.

Tomorrow, at 8 a.m., I have freshmen orientation at the high school I'll be going to. Obviously, since it hasn't happened yet, I can't talk much about it, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. However, there is one thing I can talk about for a little bit.

I've downloaded some apps in preparation for the coming school year, and I'd like to tell you about them. I have the Merriam-Webster Dictionary app, which has a few adds, but not so many it's distracting, Quizlet, which you can use to make your own flashcards, (I really recommend that one), Khan Academy, which you can use to look up videos pertaining to a certain subject, ACT Prep (for obvious reasons, and yes, I know I'm a nerd but better late than never), ACT Up (same deal as the previous app), and last but not least, a tuning app. Now that I look at it, I realize it's called PIANO Tuner. That's kind of a big deal because I, a flute player, was surprised to see that my flute, that I thought was in tune, was registering flat. Now, I'm not saying that's impossible, because I can't hear a difference between sharp, in tune, or flat, but I had my head joint out the same distance I had been told to have it out since sixth grade. That might not mean much to other people, but flute players will know what I'm talking about.

I'll be sure to do another post tomorrow about freshman orientation, and school starts August 31. I'll be busy that week (my first marching band performance is Sept. 4), so I don't know when I'll be able to get it done, but I'll try my best, pinkie promise.

-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment