Translate

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Orientation Post!!!

Yesterday I told you I had freshman orientation, and I told you I would blog about it when I had a chance. Well here you go, here's an idea of what to expect. 

I got there at about 7:58 a.m, which was about ten minutes later than I would have liked to arrive. I have a thing about punctuality, but at least I was still on time. We filed into the gym, where the Link Crew (upperclassmen that help the underclassmen get their footing) had two lines of either side of us, and were cheering. There was music BLARING, and to be completely honest, I was really stressed at that point. I was almost late, there were so many people packed in one hallway, and there was too much noise. However, that's not the point of this post, so let's continue. 

We did so many team building activities, it was ridiculous. It started at 8, and tours of the school didn't start until 11:15. For the first hour and a half, we were doing group activities that included all of the freshmen- about 200 people, maybe. I'm really bad at estimating some of that stuff though, so don't quote me on that. At about 9:30, we split up into 50 or so groups, with 5-9 kids in each group, and went to a different classroom. There, we did smaller group activities, until it was time for the tour. I got my schedule for the first semester (which has one minor error), which was pretty cool. I already have it memorized, but not room numbers or anything. I'm really excited for the first day, I'll keep a running list throughout the day of what I need to tell you guys about. 

Thank so much,

-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment